I didn't do a big announcement about it being a girl and just kinda told people. That just fits with that side of the family. Then we went to Bear's family and he asked his Mema to tell everyone. We had other plans to tell everyone, but then didn't end up doing any of them. But it was still fun!!!
So Thanksgiving was very nice, except of course the football game we shall not speak of.
Luckily, Bear has been very cooperative about things I want done around the house, but it may end soon as I continue to think of things that "need" to be done. However, the we did accomplish quite a few things on our time off after Thanksgiving. I almost exhausted myself, but dang it they got DONE. And some have been waiting forever!
- The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we got the TV mounted over the fireplace -- by professionals! We needed power and cable on the other side of the room, plus the mount, so I really wanted it done correctly and Bear didn't object. This way we have a clear walkway to the other part of the house AND we can have more options for rearranging the living room furniture. Also, I want a recliner and that was the only way to fit it into the furniture grouping. Now this gives me another thing I have to do which is decorate the very large empty living room wall that is now blank. But... not before we paint the entire room - or so Bear suggests and I won't object! Not sure when that is exactly going to happen yet ... to be continued.
- Friday we of course shopped! Until I almost dropped and I didn't even go out until lunch.
- Saturday we continued with the projects.
- We bought a new dining room light fixture to replace the yucky brass and white ceiling fan. Bear hung it and also centered it to my liking.
|I tried to take a picture, but it was really hard to get it right.|
|See!? Anyway, I like it.|
|One without the light on in the daylight.|
- And we also got a pendant for over the sink and he hung that too.
- He almost got to hang the mantle back under the TV, but we needed more things from Lowes, which we did get, but we were too tired by the time we got to that.
- THEN we got all the Christmas decorations down from the attic.
- Then, side break while I cleaned out my entire closet and put together things to give to goodwill. (I SWEAR I hope this energy lasts!)
- And then, I did fluff and put all the lights on the tree. And that is where I had to call it quits. I was so tired and my hips and feet hurt!